One of the many keys to success in real estate investing is …
“Finding The Right Real Estate Agents” to work with and for you!
As an investor it can be a challenge to find a good real estate agent who is knowledgeable and works with investors. You will so find you will need to find one in EVERY market where you intend to buy property.
Here’s how to find a Realtor® Anywhere
- Put the property address into Zillow
- There will a list of Agents on the right sidebar
- Review their profiles
- Do they have any current sales close to the subject property?
- Do they mention working with investors or investment property in their bio?
- If you fill out the request more info form in Zillow they will call you within minutes
- Here is great video from a friend that will also help you find real estate agents
Once you’ve connected with an agent, use this ‘sample” script on the phone or send it as an email intro:
I am an out of town investor working with group of cash buyers.
We are looking to purchase and sell single family residential homes in your service area, and we’re looking for a Realtor that is use to working with investors, is that you?
If not can you direct me to one?
I am currently negotiating to purchase with the current owners who are facing a financial hardship.
Often my first exit strategy is to purchase these properties, do minor fix-up and then sell them for a quick sale.
I know you’re time is valuable and I don’t want to waste it, so I’m willing to sign an exclusive listing agreement with you in advance, contingent upon me completing the purchase of course. My general practice is to guarantee a $5,000 commission or 6% depending on which is greater. I do this to make it worth your time on lower priced properties. Does this interest you?
This is where really I need your help:
- I will need you to forward, via email, an exclusive listing agreements that I will execute contingent upon me obtaining ownership or the right to sell.
- I urgently need you to provide me with a detailed market analysis of the property. I need to know what I can sell it quickly for “as is”, or completely fixed up. Either way you will get the sale.
- Do you have access to licensed contractors? I will need written estimates.
- Do you or does your firm do property management?
- Can you also provide me with any listings you feel that we should consider. I’m always looking for good deals.
Thanks let me know if you have any questions, and I look forward to a great business relationship with you.
Questions to ask after you develop rapport:
Can you provide me a list of properties you feel are investor ready?
- Expired listings
- Over 120 days
- Are you a HUD approved Realtor?
- How do you feel about make low offers?
- Do you have access to any licensed general contractors?
Realtors can be one your most valuable members of your business. You will need at least one in every market where you are looking to buy and sell property. Their expertise can help you avoid making costly mistakes.
Offer your realtors a commission of $5,000 or 6% of the sales price, whichever is greater and see the results you get! This will motivate them to find the buyer faster than you can especially fro lower priced properties. Of course you got to make sure you have enough of a spread between what you are paying and what your are selling to use this tip.
Hope this helps!
As always, here’s to your success!
Creator of The Deed XChange™