Congratulations you have finally taken the plunge into real estate investing. If you haven’t gotten cold feet by now, you either have the deed or an assignable contract.
Having a plan to EXIT and GET PAID must be done before you purchase a property. Your exit strategy is developed with multiple scenarios ranging from the most optimistic, I’ll call this the “happy path” all the way to the absolute worst case aka “meltdown”.
The exit strategy and all the various scenarios is developed BEFORE you commit significant dollars. My definition of significant is anything over $250!
The following is a growing list of EXIT Strategies:
- Sell the property on The Deed XChange™ even if you bought it off our site. Once you’ve gather information while during your due diligence you can add ALL your proof to the site, be the seller that buyers contact directly! It’s 100% FREE!
- Send a letter to all the neighbors near the property you buying letting them know you want to sell
- Put up a For Sale By Owner sign
Get a Google Voice phone number for that area code. It’s free so you can put that number on the sign! It will then ring to whatever phone you choose.4Post on Craigslist
4. Create an account on Craigslist and post an ad
5. Contact EVERY “We Buy Houses” listing on Craigslist in that area
6. Contact the President of the local Real Estate Investors Club
7. Post it “For Sale By Owner” on Zillow.com
8. If selling land post and ad on www.LandWatch.com
9. Contact local real estate Auctioneers this generally a last resort
10. Rent it
11. Live in it
12. Donate it and tax the tax write off
13. Contact the previous lien holders and offer to sell it to them
15. Create a property flyer and syndicate using VFlyer
16. Use Postlets.com (create a free account)
17. Market your property on all social media:
18. List it on Zillow Rental Manager
19. Use www.Tweetlister.com
20. List it with a discount Real Estate brokerage http://www.flatfeegroup.com/
21. List with www.Redfin.com
22. Sell it on Ebay.com
Please add any others I’ve missed in the comments.
Hope this helps!
As always, here’s to your continued success.
Creator of The Deed XChange™