One of the many keys to success in real estate investing is …
“Finding The Right Real Estate Agents” to work with and for you!
As an investor it can be a challenge to find a good real estate agent who is knowledgeable and works with investors. You will so find you will need to find one in EVERY market where you intend to buy property.
How to find a Realtor
- Put the property address into Zillow
- There will a list of Agents on the right sidebar
- Review their profiles
- Do they have sales close to the subject property?
- Do they mention working with investors or investment property
- If you fill out the request more info form in Zillow they will call you within minutes
- Here is great video from a friend that will also help you find real estate agents
Once you’ve connected with an agent, use this ‘sample” script or send it as an email intro:
I am an out of town investor working with group of cash buyers.
We are looking to purchase and sell single family residential homes in your service area, and we’re looking for a Realtor that is use to working with investors, is that you?
If not can you direct me to one?
I am currently negotiating purchase agreements with homeowners facing financial hardships.
Often my first exit strategy is to purchase these properties, do minor fix-up and then sell them for a quick sale.
I know you’re time is valuable and I don’t want to waste it, so here’s where I need your help:
- I will need you to forward, via email, an exclusive listing agreements that I will execute contingent upon me obtaining ownership or the right to sell.
- In turn I will need you to provide me with a detailed market analysis of the property
- Do you have access to licensed contractors?
- Do you or does your firm do property management?
- Can you also provide me with any listings you feel that we should consider
Thanks let me know if you have any questions, and I look forward to a great business relationship with you.
Questions to ask after you develop rapport:
Can you provide me a list of properties you feel are investor ready?
- Expired listings
- Over 120 days
- Are you a HUD approved Realtor?
- How do you feel about make low offers?
- Do you have access to any licensed general contractors?
As an investor it can be a challenge to find a good real estate agent. When you find one keep them happy and they will keep you happy too!
Hope this helps!
Please add your comments or other suggestions in the comments.
Here’s to your continued success!